Natural Remedies To Treat Blisters On The Tongue At Home
Blisters on the tongue are mostly caused due to constipation, other stomach related problems, vitamin deficiency, hormonal changes etc. But don’t worry, it can be easily treated at home without making many efforts.
SALT AND WATER
Salt has bacteria killing properties which helps in preventing the infection causing viruses as well.
- In a saucepan, boil a glass of water.
- Wait till the water becomes lukewarm, then add half a teaspoon of salt to it.
- Mix the two ingredients together.
- Take a sip of this water and then spit it out.
- Do it several times and do not rinse your mouth with normal water after the process.
- Do this remedy twice every day for at least a week or till the blisters get healed.
Ice has cooling properties, thus it cools down the blisters and makes you feel relaxed.
- Rinse your mouth with normal water.
- Take an ice cube and apply it over the affected areas on your tongue.
- Keep applying it till 15 minutes
- Do this remedy at least thrice a day for effective results.
- Do this remedy for at least 5 days.
HONEY AND TURMERIC
Turmeric has antibacterial and anti septic properties, thus it helps in treating blisters. It prevents the blister causing bacteria.
- In a bowl, add a teaspoon of honey.
- To it, add a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Mix the two ingredients properly.
- Apply this mixture on your tongue and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Then, rinse your mouth with normal water and if required brush your teeth because turmeric might make your teeth yellow.
- Do this remedy every day for at least twice a day. Do it for 5 days.
Garlic oil is known for healing blisters and other bacteria causing diseases.
- Wash 10 cloves of garlic.
- Beat them till they turn into a fine paste.
- Then, in a bowl add a tablespoon of coconut oil and put it on the stove.
- Add the beaten garlic paste to this oil.
- Turn on the flame and keep it on till the oil boils.
- Once the oil starts to boil, turn off the flame after further 5 minutes.
- Now, strain the boil using a strainer in a bottle.
- Take few drops of this oil on a cotton ball and apply it on your tongue.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes, then rinse off your mouth using normal water.
- Do this remedy every day for at least a week. Do it for at least 4-5 days to see the effective results.
ALOE VERA GEL
Aloe vera gel is known for having anti bacterial properties thus it heals the diseases like tongue blisters. Also, it nourishes the affected areas and calms it down. Also, it makes you feel relieved.
- Slit an aloe vera leaf into two halves.
- Extract the aloe vera gel out of it and apply it on the affected areas using your fingers.
- Let it sit as it for 10 minutes, then rinse it off with normal water.
- Do this remedy twice every day for a week.
Leave a Reply